Pretzel cake fra Milk Bar
- 85g hvit sjokolade
- 2-4 Ss chocolate stout
- 113g usaltet smør (romtemperert)
- 250g sukker
- 1 Ss molasses
- 3 egg
- 80ml kulturmelk
- 120ml druekjerneolje
- 70g hvetemel
- 1 Toppet ts bakepulver
- 1/2 Ts natron
- 3 Ts flaksalt
- 3 Cups pretzels
- 1,8 Dl sukker (150 g)
- 1 Ts lys brunt sukker
- 3 Dl hvetemel (165 g)
- 0,8 Dl maisenna
- 1,8 Dl malpulver
- 6 Dl melkepulver
- 225g smeltet smør
Slik gjør du
||Sett ovnen på 175 grader. |
||Bland sammen smør, melasse og sukker i en kjøkkenmaskin i 2-3 minutter. Ha i egg og kjør maskinen i 2-3 minutter til. |
||Ha maskinen på lav hastighet, og tilsett kulturmelk og olje i en tynn stråle. Skru opp hasigheten på maskinen igjen, og miks røra i 5-6 minutter til den blir lys og har omtrent doblet seg i volum. |
||Skru ned hastigheten til det laveste, og bland inn mel, bakepulver, natron, salt og pretxels. |
||Hell røra i en quarter sheet pan kledd med bakepapir. |
Bakes i 30-35 minutter. Skal være fast i midten når den er ferdig.
||1. heat the oven to 300°f. |
2. combine all of the dry ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and mix on low speed until well combined.
3. add the melted butter and paddle again to distribute. the butter will act as glue to help the dry ingredients form small sandy clusters; continue paddling until that happens.
4. bake at 300°f for 15-20 minutes, depending on the size of your pan.
5. let the crumbs cool completely before using. grind down in a food processor if the crumbs are not small and sandy enough (they will not glue to the white chocolate coating in the pretzel cake truffle recipe!) stored in an airtight container, the sand will keep fresh for 1 week at room temperature or 1 month in the fridge or freezer.
||1. combine the cake scraps and stout in a medium sized bowl and toss with your hands until moist enough to knead into a ball. if it is not moist enough to do so, add up to 2 tablespoons more stout and knead it in. |
2. using a small ice cream scoop, portion out 12 even balls, each half the size of a ping-pong ball. roll each one between the palms of your hands to shape and smooth it into a round sphere.
3. with latex gloves on, put 2 tablespoons of the white chocolate in the palm of your hand and roll each ball between your palms, coating it in a thin layer of melted chocolate; add more chocolate as needed.
4. put 3 or 4 chocolate-covered balls at a time into the bowl of pretzel sand. immediately toss them with the sand to coat, before the chocolate shell sets and no longer acts as a glue (if this happens, just coat the ball in another thin layer of melted chocolate).
5. refrigerate for at least 5 minutes to fully set the chocolate shells before eating or storing. in an airtight container, the truffles will keep for up to 1 week in the fridge.
the cooled cake can be stored in the fridge, wrapped in plastic wrap, for up to 5 days.